Udu Diyaluma Waterfalls – Koslanda is the 2nd highest waterfall in Sri Lanka. Uda Diyaluma is a popular attraction waterfall among the waterfall lovers. There are three ways to get to the top of the waterfall. It about the 45-minute steep hike from Koslanda village. You can find it on Punagala Road via the Diyaluma Estate.
The hike to Diyaluma is quite straightforward . So it is not too difficult if not weighed down by camping gear – people often make it under 45 minutes. The Falls are formed by Punagala Oya, a tributary of Kuda Oya which in turn, is a tributary of Kirindi Oya.
Once you got to the top after a hike, you will see the breath-taking view of the area. So you can feel the beautiful top Diyaluma waterfalls. You will not think for a second to jump into the natural pool filled with cold water. You could not ask for a better relaxation after this a hike.
Things to know before you go
- Always get advisable to find a local as your guide for a small tip
- This will be a hard hike – make sure you have sufficient water, sun protections
- Better to cover your body with long sleeves as the hike is through tall grass areas
- Bring your swimsuits, plenty of natural pools to have bath
- The trail is not marked with any signs. Keep in mind that finding help in an emergency situation will not be easy. Be cautious and follow your guide’s instructions all the time
- Be cautious of the heavy wind at the top, you could easily lose the control
- Pay attention for leeches specially during the rainy season.
Enjoy the beautifully view of the waterfalls. And also, take a swim at the base if you please!
FAQ Diyaluma Waterfall in Sri Lanka
There are enough area surrounding the water flow. So, you can set up camp at the riverbank if you wish. However, safety is most important as it is extremely windy at the top. Dry season is the good time to do a camping.
Yes. Height is 220m
- Nature and Wildlife
- Outdoor Activities
- Top Picks
Haputale Railway Station.
The route through Koslanda is the easiest path to reach up to waterfall.
From colombo, You can get on from Fort Station on the “Podi Menike” express at 5.55 a.m. And get down at Haputale Railway Station. This is the closest station available to waterfall. Total journey is 248 km from Fort. Also approximately seven-and-a-half hours by train.
From Haputale, you can take a bus headed towards Wellawaya Main Road. The bus will go through the Koslanda village. Then you can find the entrance to the Diyaluma Estate.
Just off the main road. Viewing platform on the bridge. One of the tallest waterfalls.narrow road though
Im in love with this
Amazing nature pool and amazing location️️️
U must visit there!
Submit your review
Nice article about Udu Diyaluma Waterfalls – Koslanda. You can find out everything you need to know